Why do they make my spring break for law school in the middle of February? It is definitely not spring in Boston. We were blessed today, however, with a 68-degree-blue-sky kind of day. Naturally, I spent it indoors, baking and watching Shrek with my roommate. These are my gift to you, today, colorfully inspired by the ogre that inspires our lives.
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c nutella
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c + 1 tbs buttermilk
- 2 tbs salted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c nutella
- 2 tbs cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl. In separate bowl, combine nutella, butter, egg, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fill donut pan 1/2 of the way. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Mix the nutella and cream in a shallow dish until well incorporated. It should be liquidy enough to be glaze-like. If too thick, add cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove from pan and let cool. When desired, add glaze. You can drizzle or dip the tops in as I did.
- I also added some white chocolate drizzle here for design.