I grew up in Texas, so I think maybe *once* we had a “snow day”. This mainly consisted of about 1/2 cm of ice on the grass, and a general the-world-is-ending feeling among my fellow Texans. Since moving to Boston, I have survived (read: thrived) in two record-breaking-snowfall winters and look forward to every snowfall prediction.
Now, today was not technically a snow day… but with winter illness going around I decided to agree to disagree with everyone who told me I had obligations today and take a much needed sick day. Naturally, that left me with plenty of time to dream up warm and cozy recipes.
These basically should be considered cupcakes, but we will let them slide. Side note: these caramel chips will change your life, I promise.
Coconut Caramel Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1 c coconut milk yogurt
- 5 tbs butter, melted
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 c Ghiradelli caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine wet ingredients and sugar. Mix until smooth and no visible lumps.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, mix.
- Add coconut flakes and caramel chips, mix until combined.
- Line muffin pan (this makes 12), and fill each one almost to the top. These do not rise much.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. The tops did not get visibly brown so check in when you notice the edges beginning to tan!
- Cool, but try one while they are still a little warm… for science…