Unicorn anything is ~so trendy~ right now. I totally get it – who wouldn’t want to be magical, colorful, and sparkly! Lucky for you, I bring you yet another way to “unicornify” your life: unicorn snickerdoodles.
These bring all the joys of the classic cinnamon delight with a unicorn twist, just in time for fall.
- 1 1/2 c fine granulated sugar
- 1/2 c salted butter, softened
- 1/2 c shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- extra cinnamon and sugar for rolling
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In your mixer, combine all ingredients except for food coloring and rolling sugar.
- Separate dough into three bowls, color pink, blue, and purple.
- Pulling a little dough from each bowl, roll up balls about 1 1/4 in, being sure dough has all stuck together. Layer colors however you’d like.
- Roll dough in cinnamon sugar mix and place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and slightly browned.