This may be the easiest delicious concoction I’ve ever dreamed up. As I sat on this Christmas Eve with my loving family, I realized that if *I* were Santa, I’d say “screw the cookies, bring on the bubbles”. Luckily, we keep bubbles stockpiled in our house. So this year, we left the big guy a little something special for the end of his night.
Hibiscus Sparkling Sangria
- 1 bottle red wine of your choosing
- 1 bottle prosecco or champagne
- 1 jar Wild Hibiscus Flower Co.’s Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup (sold at specialty stores or online).
- Splash of cranberry juice
- Squeeze of fresh orange (to taste)
In a champagne flute, fill half your glass with red wine. Add a splash of cranberry juice and orange juice (fresh from the fruit). Top the glass off with the bubbles of your choice and use a straw to gently stir. Spoon in one hibiscus flower, being sure to capture some of the sugar cane syrup.