Thanksgiving. A time of indulgence. A time of family. A time of necessary intoxication. Whether you are lucky enough to be with your own family, or a transplant like me, this Sangria will light up your life.
I spent Thanksgiving with one of my best friends and her family, or as I may have mentioned them before, my “Summer Family”. We aren’t related by blood, but whatever connects us seemed to have told us both “Cranberry Orange Sangria”, as right when I finished this recipe, I noticed her making some for the holiday. Naturally, she also offered up her beautiful fire pit, backyard, and sister as backdrops while I took some photos. As the Sangria dwindled down, so did the quality of my photos….
Increase amounts as needed depending on crowd size, amount of alcohol desired to be consumed, and general preference in strength.
Cranberry Orange Sangria
- 2 large bottles red wine
- 1 bottle triple sec
- 1 cup Deep Eddy cranberry vodka
- 1 bottle cranberry juice
- 1 bottle bubbles, or, 4-6 cans of orange Spiked Seltzer
- Fresh orange, sliced
- Fresh cranberries
- The evening before you plan to serve, soak the orange slices in the hard alcohol. If you are making this on a whim, let them soak for a few hours.
- When ready to serve, add wine, cranberry juice, and bubbles to fruit and alcohol mixture.
- If additional carbonation is desired, add more bubbles.. it can’t hurt.
- Enjoy responsibly.
- Don’t forget to take amazing photos!