Being on Cape Cod with my family is a dream come true. My parents, as I have said, are dirty hippies, so being on the National Seashore is the bee’s knees for these kids. We had a wonderful vacation for Labor Day, and now that I am back recovering from surgery, I am reminiscing of the good times and great booze we enjoyed.
My mom and I are huge bubble fanatics, but sometimes, you need a little kick. We came up with this delicious drink which was perfect for our warm beach days, and kept us warm on those cool beach nights. Enjoy!
Watermelon Apple Sangria
- 3 large apples, cubed
- 1/3 c vodka (plain, or apple flavored).
- 1/4 c triple sec
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 3-4 cups watermelon juice (arizona brand is great)
- 1 bottle prosecco/champagne
- Soak the apples and watermelon in the whiskey overnight, just do it.
- In large pitcher, pour alcohol (and fruit), add wine and watermelon juice. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Fill each glass half way with juice mixture and fill the rest of the way with bubbles. Be sure to scoop some apples and watermelon into each glass.
- Enjoy (responsibly)!