Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups finely grated carrots
- 2/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
- 2 eggs
Cream Cheese Buttercream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (do not microwave)
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 cups confectioners’ sugar (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In your electric mixer, combine the oil and carrots. Gradually add the flour mixture, and mix until consistent. Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Do not over mix the cake batter.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Icing:
Mix the butter and cream cheese until creamy, and add vanilla. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar. Beat until fluffy. If your buttercream is too thick, add cream. If it is too wet, add more powdered sugar (a little at a time). Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.